TERMS OF SERVICE
The Pottery Shed Pty Ltd
Dated:24 Jan 2024
Thank you for choosing The Pottery Shed. We strive to provide you with an enriching and enjoyable experience. Please read our policy carefully to understand the terms of our service, refunds and your rights and responsibilities. the Shed is also referred to as "The Pottery Shed", "the Shed", "us" and "we" in this document.
the Shed agrees to…
- provide you with online booking and payment portals, instructors, pottery studio, clay, tools, materials and kiln firing for your Class, Workshop, Session or Private booking.
- provide instruction, hands-on training and supervised solo practice to you for each our Classes and Workshops.
- protect your privacy and use your contact details only for project automation, booking messages and occasional random messages from the Shed.
- provide a voucher or refund the cost of your booking when successfully cancelled.
You agree to…
- be solely responsible for your subscriptions and bookings through the online systems we provide.
- make booking changes (re-scheduling, re-booking & cancellations) before the 2 hour cut-off.
- forfeit payment or voucher for bookings missed or No Show.
- not hold the Shed liable for loss or damage to your projects.
- forfeit projects unattended in the Shed when past the expiration date.
Workshop - intermediate lessons for those with approximately 10 hours of wheel throwing practice. Workshops are a hybrid of Instructor-guided practice and new skill lessons. Wheel based workshops reserve wheels as required.
Class - lessons for beginners. Most commonly the Basic Course Classes. Are also Specialty Classes in handbuilding and Kurinuki clay carving. Classes consist of lecture and practical experience. Wheel based classes reserve wheels as required.
Session - independent practice time using the studio facilities, equipment, instructional aids, etc.
Casual Session - a wheel reserved session (RSRV) paid for with voucher or credit card. Wheel based classes reserve wheels as required.
Member Session - a First Come First Served (FCFS) non-reserved wheel session booked in multiples by the hour.
Course Packages - sold as 4-Packs and 6-Packs are collections of classes and sessions prepaid but not booked. Each lesson gets booked as needed. Voucher packs are to be booked within 12 months.
Gift Certificate. Sold as a single class prepaid but not booked. Each lesson gets booked as needed. Gift certificates are to be booked within 12 months.
The Pottery Shed's Membership program is a week to week subscription providing an allotment of hours in the studio. All Members use the available studio wheels on a first come-first serve basis. Membership is not sharable or transferrable between individuals.
- The Membership sign-up form is at The Shed's website (https://thepotteryshed.com.au)/ and at the Shed's Tracker (https://tracker.thepotteryshed.com.au/). Find and click the Membership>Portal menu option. Enter your subscription email adress to receive a link unlocking your membership portal.
- Week to Week Plan
- Valid subscription period is 7 days from the time of signup.
- Membership automatically renews after 7 days with reminder sent by Stripe.com
- Members who book a Member Session
- must do so within the valid subscription period
- must do so within agreed hours of the subscription plan,
- Member Bookings outside the valid subscription period or more than the allotted program hours (overage),is beyond this membership agreement and considered billable.
- overage is billed at $25 per hour.
- Managing Membership Plan
- Login to the Member Portal by starting at The Potteryshed website (https://thepotteryshed.com.au/) or at the Tracker (https://tracker.thepotteryshed.com.au/) to find and click the Membership>Portal menu option. Enter your subscription email adress to receive a link unlocking your membership portal.
- Portal Functions:
- Cancel and Pause memberships (treated the same). Pausing and canceling your membership remains active through the valid period (the remainder of the 7 days).
- Membership can be restarted anytime after the end of the valid period.
- Updating Your Plan
- Upgrading your plan during your subscription period the change occurs immediately so that additional bookings can be made according to the upgraded plan. The billing system will resolve credits.
- When downgrading your membership, the change is effective immediately and your account is credited retrospectively for the difference calculated from the start of the subscription period. That means your attendance will also then be calculated retrospectively from the start of the subscription cycle.
- Sessions booked more than the number allotted in the downgraded subscription period may be billed at the casual rate.
- Changing bank card details and email addresses.
- Member Sessions and Studio Ediquette
- Members booking practice sessions are required to use the Member Session booking link located at the website or on the Tracker menu linking to YCB.me services.
- This will apply the hours provided in the Member Plan.
- Members use the Member Session booking which allows for single hours or multiple hours.
- There is no restriction to the number of members allowed in the studio.
- Wheels and other equipment are not specifically reserved but rather shared between all members.
- Wheels reserved by other students in Classes and Workshops are not available to Members and are not shared.
- Some equipment from time to time, may not be available during all Member Sessions due to demand. On some circumstances a Member may not find an available wheel and will work from a bench or table to glaze-paint, hand-build or decorate designs. The wheels are limited but staff can add any stored wheels in working condition. Classes, Workshops and full-priced casual Session bookings have a reserved wheel. These are unavailable to Members.
- Members are also welcome to book Classes, Workshops and Casual Sessions sold in 2hr blocks for those rates published.
- From time to time, some private functions held in the studio may limit the bookable hours to Members and other students.
- Membership Exclusivity
- Membership is not sharable between individuals.
- Membership transferrable between individuals.
6. Cancellations and Refunds
We understand that circumstances may change, and you may need to cancel your Subscription, Class, Workshop, Session bookings or Voucher / Gift Certificate. Refunds less a 2.5% processing fee are considered under the following circumstances:
6.1. Refund Eligibility
All valid Class, Workshop, Casual Session and Member Session cancelations are eligible for a voucher replacement or refund. All valid Member Session cancelations will not debit the Membership Plan.
- Classes, Workshops Casual Sessions bookings can be successfully cancelled anytime before 2 hours of the start the booking.
- Member Session cancelations
- Private Lesson bookings can be refunded when cancelled by providing written communication within 24 hours to Student Support firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Quality issues: If you are dissatisfied with the quality of the Class, Workshop, Session or Lesson provided please write to Student Support at email@example.com and provide details.
All valid Vouchers and Gift certificates will be refunded upon request.
6.2. How To Cancel
- Classes, Workshops or Sessions are canceled via the YCB.ME Portal link in your email confirmation for that specific class. Search email for "To cancel this booking, click here" and by date.
- Classes, Workshops and Sessions CANNOT BE canceled by email, text message or calling The Pottery Shed.
- Subscriptions are canceled through the Stripe Portal linked from The Shed's Tracker menu, from The Shed's website and from your subscription reminder. Search your emails for "Your subscription will renew soon" to find it.
- Private Lessons are canceled in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.3. Refund Process
A voucher will be automatically issued to replace any Class, Workshop or Session booking successfully cancelled. Please contact our customer support at email@example.com within 30 days of the cancellation for a payment reversal or EFT refund.
6.4. Non-Refundable Items
- Late Cancellations: Cancellations are not possible within two hours of the Class, Workshop or Session start.
- No Shows: If you fail to attend a Class, Workshop or Session booking without prior cancellation, you will not be eligible for a refund and any vouchers used will be invalid.
- Subscription fee after the subscription period commenced.
- A processing fee of 2.5% for each cancelled booking.
6.5. Refund Amount
All refunds include the full booking or voucher/gift certificate amount minus a processing fee of 2.5%.
6.6. Refund Delay
Requested refunds will be processed using the same payment method used for the initial transaction. Please allow 7-10 business days for the refund to reflect in your account.
The personal information you share with us through the online subscriptions, bookings, emails and project tracker registrations is used for providing our services and remains with the Shed. This information will only be used to organise your projects and communicate with you. Your personal information will not be sold or past on to other entities by The Pottery Shed.
8. Project Forfeiture
The Pottery Shed reserves the right to recycle and repurpose any student project as defined here.
- Greenware will be recycled into available clay for all students when any unfired clay projects are:
- over 30 days and not made ready-to-fire, or
- over 30 days and not suitable for firing as deemed by The Pottery Shed, or
- left out in common areas, not stored in designated greenware shelves, or
- left unregistered or not apparently registered, or
- found as dried clay and not suitable for firing as deemed by The Pottery Shed.
- Bisqueware, projects once fired, and Glazeware, projects twice fired, will be donated to The Pottery Shed when remaining in The Pottery Shed's possession over 120 days.
- The disposition of donated projects will be determined solely by The Pottery Shed.
- All expiration dates are counted from the start date when any project is first registered.
9. Refusal of Access and Services
The Pottery Shed reserves the right to refuse access to the studio and services to anyone deemed a risk to others within the pottery studio or for any reason.
Kiln firing service may be denied of any project if a risk to other projects, a risk to studio equipment, a risk to personal safety, or for any reason as determined by The Pottery Shed.
The Pottery Shed cannot be held liable for loss or damage to personal projects or personal items left in the studio.
- The Pottery Shed will make reasonable efforts to minimise risks of loss through the use of project organisational tracking software. However many circumstances are beyond our control, such as student's choice not to use tracking software.
- Due to the inherent risk of kiln firing ceramics, and the fragile nature of unfired clay material, unforeseen damages may occur.
- Personal items brought to the studio are to sole responsibility of the owner.
the Shed reserves the right to modify or update this refund policy at any time. Any changes will be communicated to subscribers via email or through our website.
12. Contact Information
For any questions or concerns regarding our refund policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your understanding. We appreciate your commitment to improving your pottery skills with the Shed.